Tuesday 6 April 2010

More Goodbyes!

Last weekend was quite a busy one. It kicked off on Friday evening with an overnight stay with
my students at the Panahills Resort (Panasonic Hotel). We ate a great dinner while looking out over the gardens filled with cherry blossoms. After that, we unwound with an Onsen, followed by a few drinks and card games until 12am! Don't let there age fool you, they know how to PARTY!!
Once returning from Panahills resort, I taught Kanta (5 years old) at his house. After the lesson, I enjoyed a wonderful lunch of risotto, ratatouille and crusty breads, washed down with some home made sangria. Thanks for everything Junko and Masa.
After eating like a king for the previous 24 hours, it was time to train like a warrior. I was able to fit in a bike spin class at Konami, as well as a 15km run around Osaka Castle with the super-fish, Haru.
TIME FOR MORE PARTYING....
Go and I have worked together for over 4 and half years at Clock Cafe. The idea was to let students study in a relaxed environment, with teachers who were engaging, and with students who were actually motivated to improve their English.
On this evening, I had a chance to sit and relax, while Go did all the hard work. Thanks mate!
Go made an amazing speech which I and many others were touched by. It's always hard to say goodbye, however there are uncountable friendships which will continue, albeit long-distance, and I can't wait for our paths to once again cross.
The parties never seem to end....
On Sunday, I rode to Uji with friends while enjoying the scenery of the cherry blossoms in their prime. I did this particular ride with a lack of sleep and a slight hangover, but battled through and felt all the better for it. So many places I cherish in Japan, though the majesty and beauty of Kyoto cannot be put into words, especially during Spring.
In the evening, I had a brilliant dinner at an Italian rustic-style trattoria with friends. Kondo-san's daughter, Kizuna, made me a crown and a beautiful picture board to hang when we get settled in Oz.


SLOW FOR THE LATE POSTING and stay tuned for more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment